The French Riviera is one of the most romantic destinations for your honeymoon. A delicate blend of colorful Italy and French elegant Art-de-Vivre. You could enjoy colorful old towns, amazing sea view, delicious food, and the unique lights of the south of France. While discovering the South of France, why not document your sumptuous memories with beautiful pictures of your Honeymoon on the French Riviera?
This guide is here to help you plan the best honeymoon on the French Riviera.
- French Riviera Honeymoon itinerary
- Honeymoon memories: from seaside villages to medieval towns
- Luxurious honeymoon on the French Riviera
- Provence Honeymoon itinerary and Ideas
- Where to Stay French Riviera Honeymoon Hotels
- Get the most from your French Riviera Honeymoon: ideas
- French Riviera Honeymoon packages
- Italian Riviera and Italy Honeymoon itinerary and Ideas
- French Riviera honeymoon photographer
French Riviera Honeymoon itinerary
There is such a variety of stunning places to see on the French Riviera that it is difficult to choose few from them. French Riviera has a wide variety of seaside historic towns, medieval places, arty villages, and luxurious cities. Above all, A unique set of intimacy, culture, landscape, luxury, and French food will make your honeymoon on the French Riviera amazing and memorable.
Depending on what you prefer, you can enjoy your honeymoon from the seashore to the mountains on the French Riviera. Please find below inspiration and help to plan your itinerary. To make sure you will be able to keep and share those memories, make sure to photograph it. It is such a sad thing, not to be able to live anew this fantastic time together or share it with your beloved ones.
To help you get the most from your honeymoon on the French Riviera, I can arrange your photo session on French Riviera, South of France or even Italy.
French Riviera Honeymoon memories: from seaside to medieval towns
If you prefer a typical sea view Antibes, Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, and Eze are the perfect destinations for your honeymoon vacations on the French Riviera. At the west of Cannes, Theoule-Sur-Mer and Trayas have kept their wild nature, with colorful steep cliffs, falling in the blue sea.
For instance, Menton, 15 minutes drive from Monaco, has kept its Italian roots, the city colors shine and its historic town architecture and view worth a day trip.
If you love historic places, Saint-Paul de Vence is a famous medieval town, with important art history. It became one of the top French Riviera artist’s places in the 20th century (including famous Picasso and Matisse). You can discover paintings and sculptures of them in the town. Less know than Saint-Paul-de-Vence, Tourrette-Sur-Loup, Biot, Haut-de-Cagnes, Gourdon, and Cabris are beautiful medieval towns with amazing views.
- What to do and see in Saint-Paul-de-Vence: https://theculturetrip.com/10-best-things-to-see-and-do-in-saint-paul-de-vence-france/
- Get a private tour and discover those beautiful historic towns: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Private_Tour_Biot_Saint_Paul_de_Vence_and_Antibes.html
Luxurious honeymoon on the French Riviera
However, If you prefer high-end places, Monaco and Saint Tropez are definitely places you should go. They both offer some of the most luxurious hotels of the French Riviera. Places where to enjoy your honeymoon with excellent service and delicious food. They also have luxurious boutiques to treat yourself the best way.
Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, and Villefranche-sur-Mer, 20 minutes drive from Monaco, have kept the beauty of the small towns by the sea. Mixing the Italian mood and colors, with the French Art-de-Vivre. Far from the major city, you will really enjoy your Honeymoon by the sea.
The famous movie city of the French Riviera, Cannes, do offers beaches, luxury shopping, and its old town little streets. From Cannes, you can also take a boat for a sailing dinner or a day-trip to Iles de Lérins.
For wine lovers, a French Riviera wine tour? On the Iles de Lérins, you have a vineyard, where you can try and purchase wine. It is a unique place, as the vineyard is on the island. Other vineyards on the French Riviera for wine lovers are Bellet (and beautiful Chateau de Bellet), Saint Jeannet with its Domaine des Hautes Collines. Both have fantastic views other the French Riviera and the French Alps.
For food lovers, enjoy dinner in one of the multi-stars restaurants by the sea. The terrace of La passagère, the Belles Rives restaurant, has a fantastic view and delicious food.
- The best star restaurants of the French Riviera
- Restaurants with a sea view
- Best (seafood and French) Restaurant near Antibes
Find more ideas of itineraries for a luxurious French Riviera honeymoon :
5-day French Riviera honeymoon itinerary: https://www.fourseasons.com/capferrat/weddings/wedding-itineraries/5-day-french-riviera-honeymoon-itinerary/
Provence Honeymoon itinerary and Ideas
While traveling the French Riviera, why not drive to other locations of the South of France? Close by Provence and its Rosé vineyards or lavender fields?
- 1-hour drive from Antibes, we can do a honeymoon photo session in a vineyard of Provence, you could even enjoy a glass and purchases wine directly from them.
- 2.5 hours from Nice, you can experience the Luberon, beautiful high Provence and its lavender fields. The best time of the year for a couple photo session in the lavender is late-June to mid-July. Find more on the blog: https://www.wildroses.fr/engagement-elopement-wedding-lavender-fields-provence/
- In Provence, the beautiful town of Gordes offers a breathtaking view over the valley.
- Italy border is 1-hour drive from Nice, discover another beautiful country, the dolce vita, pasta and all the uniqueness of Italian style.
- The famous Saint Tropez is 2 hours drives or 1-hour train from Cannes.
French Riviera Honeymoon Hotels
If you want to enjoy your Honeymoon on the seaside of the French Riviera, those are many amazing hotels and resorts.
- Luxury resorts around Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat peninsula, including Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferra, Cap Estelle:
- Sea view intimate hotels in Eze, including Chateau Eza and La Chèvre d’Or:
- From Eze to Monaco amazing hotels for a wedding or your honeymoon:
- Most Romantic Honeymoon Resorts in the French Riviera:
French Riviera honeymoon ideas
If you travel to the south of France, you have to enjoy lunch or dinner in one of the famous restaurants. From delicious typical south of France food to multiple start restaurant. While on the French Riviera, you can also enjoy the French Alps. Mountains in summer are an amazing place for nature lovers. For ski lover, you could enjoy in winter, both French Riviera seaside and French Alps ski slopes. So as to get the nicest colors possible, wait for sunset to do your pictures. Sun setting on the water is magic!
Find more ideas and inspiration for your perfect French Riviera honeymoon on the following websites:
- Ultimate guide Honeymoon French Riviera:
- Plan the perfect honeymoon in the French Riviera:
- The 10 Most Romantic Places to Honeymoon in France:
French Riviera Honeymoon packages
French Riviera offers amazing hotels for your honeymoon. Some of them offer you special honeymoon packages. From the weddings I have photographed, I have met excellent wedding vendors, based on the French Riviera. This included hotels, pastor, florists, musicians, and wedding planners. I really do want to make sure, every detail will be perfect. I am fortunate to work often with some of the best ones, and if you want me to be your photographer, advice you the ones I value the most.
Italian Riviera and Italy Honeymoon itinerary and Ideas
If you had a long fly to Europe for Your Honeymoon, why not continue the magic, and give yourself an Italian experience? One of the itinerary I love, from North to South of Italy, discovering iconic landscape, architecture, and food of Italy.
- Bellagio and Lake Como boat ride for the newlywed couple
- Portofino seaside Stroll (a quick Cinque Terre experience)
- Florence and Tuscany landscape exploration
- Rome, Ancient Roman architecture
- Positano and the Almafi coast
Please find below the google map link for your Italian Honeymoon Itinerary. Granted the distance, 1000 Km / 600 miles, I would advise a minimum of 5 days for this Italian honeymoon vacation (each leg is on average of 3 hours drive).
French Riviera honeymoon photographer
As a Wedding Photographer based on the French Riviera, I love to document the story after your wedding. Add the light of the French Riviera to your couple pictures. We can even do a photo session with your wedding outfits. If you would like authentic, natural and luminous pictures, please send me a message. Let me know what you have in mind, what you would love to see in your couple and honeymoon pictures, don’t be shy.