If you are planning to propose your beloved one on the French Riviera, you might be looking for the best place where to do your proposal. Find below advice on the best locations where to propose on the French Riviera.
Best locations for a wedding proposal on the French Riviera
Before listing the locations, think about what both of you would love the most. You will keep the memories and pictures of the proposal for decades. So is an important element, if not the most important (after the engagement ring). The best location for you might be special and unique.
Here are five questions to help you define the perfect proposal location, for you.
- Historic places or modern cities?
- City, Nature or seaside view?
- Rustic setting or luxurious place?
- Sunset or sunrise (so as to avoid the crowd)?
- type of clothes you should be wearing (tuxedo, relaxed)?
For all proposal, the best time of the day for pictures is sunset. It will add amazing colors to your pictures.
Best places where to propose on the French Riviera
Depending on the backdrop and surrounding you would prefer, there are many amazing locations where to propose on the French Riviera. Of course, a proposal near the sea or by the sea is a must on the French Riviera. The sea brings a unique mood, peaceful and colorful. An open space without border, where you can dream of travel to islands and far countries.
Wedding proposal with a sea view of the French Riviera
Those are the best locations for a proposal facing the sea. From the high point of a cliff to a few meters above the sea, you will feel the majesty of it, the fresh salty air. Enjoy from those places, the beautiful South of France lights.
- Eze is a historic place, on the top of a cliff, that is one of my client favorite places to propose. It offers intimacy and luxury with the amazing hotel (Chateau Eza, la Chevre d’Or).
Eze medieval town is really one of the kind city. From Eze Exotic garden you have a view at 180° from Saint-Jean Cap-Ferrat and Villefranche-sur-Mer on one side to Cap d’Aille and Monaco on the other side.
- Antibes has its old town on the seaside, it also offers small little-hidden streets, typical south of France architecture and colors.
In less than 5 minutes, you can be walking on the seashore, if you want pictures by the sea.
- Between Nice and Villefranche-sur-Mer Mont Boron has a beautiful sea view.
- A helicopter tour, surprise her with a view of the French Riviera from the sky. Once in the Air, ask her/him the question.
- Colline du Chateau Nice, hundred steps away from the sea, you have a view on Nice’s bay (and beautiful sunset) and the Nice port on the other side.
- From Monaco Exotic Garden, you can proposal facing the sea and the royal family castle
- The Jardin Botanique Saint Michel is an amazing location where to propose. You have a unique view overlooking Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat peninsula and VilleFranche-sur-Mer historic town.
- For a wedding proposal in or near Monaco, you have a fantastic view of the sea and Roman ruins, close to la Turbie Racing Club.
French Riviera Wedding Proposal by the sea
If you want to be even closer to the sea for your wedding proposal, here ones of my favorite places.
- Cap D’Antibes (located between Antibes and Juan-les-Pins) is a wilder more natural place. It can be a super intimate place for a wedding proposal. It will perfectly fit nature lovers.
- Rent a boat for an even more luxurious wedding proposal, why not rent a boat and propose in one of the beautiful bay the French Riviera offers?
- Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat offers Italian style old town with refinement from luxurious Monaco.
- Theoule-sur-Mer red rock, cliff falling in the sea, another top location for nature lovers.
- Hotel Belles Rives is a historic and luxurious hotel on the French Riviera, you can enjoy a glass, walk to the end of the pontoon and ask the question.
Lastest wedding proposal on the French Riviera on the blog
Wedding Proposal in the French Alps mountains
You perhaps love snow, mountains and wilder surrounding. If you are both nature lovers, a proposal in the Alps mountains can be fantastic! French Riviera is only 90 minutes drive from the southern Alps (Auron, Isola 2000). Both summer and winter offer a breathtaking view of the valleys. You can drive to the highest road in Europe (Col de la Bonette at 2 802 m ) and have your proposal earing the marmot’s whistles. In winter, the white snow transforms the landscape. It becomes a pure dream, where white snow meets blue sky.
French Riviera Proposal location Map
The map below will help you understand the different proposal places I do recommend. There is, of course, many other stunning locations. If you are staying in one of the luxurious hotels on the French Riviera, you might be able to have proposal pictures there. Please check with your contact at the hotel their policy about pictures and private shoot allowance
Get the most from your stay on the French Riviera
You might be staying for a few days or a week on the French Riviera around the day you will do your wedding proposal. Find below other resources to make your stay and memories even more magic!
- Must see spots of the French Riviera:
- Most beautiful towns on the French Riviera:
- 5 hidden gems of the French Riviera:
- French Riviera: 8 Secret Spots Off the Beaten Path:
French Riviera Wedding Proposal Photographer
If you need help to plan your proposal, you read information on the following blog posts :
- Plan the perfect wedding proposal on the French Riviera:
- How your proposal photo session will go, and the pictures you will get:
Pictures will help you keep memories of this amazing moment, and enable you to share your proposal with friends and families. If you want amazing pictures, help to plan it and effortless photo session, I would be pleased to help you. Even if you are on short timing, I can help you. I have a good network and can advise you location, restaurant and vendors if you want.
So as me to help you, please send me a message, with as many details as possible.
Last Updated on